These student workshops are for incoming or current Auburn students who are deciding on which major or career path to pursue. A parent session is also available for guardians of these students who want to learn more about how to help.
The Your Major Workshops will be facilitated in a hybrid model consisting of online modules with an in-person session.
There will be online modules to complete and students will come to campus to meet in person with a career counselor and college representatives.
The online portion of the Your Major Workshop will open on May 20 and you will have your choice of an in-person session to attend.
In-Person Session Options:
Students will Learn to:
- Navigate the career and major exploration processes
- Enhance self-awareness through self-assessments
- Discover career options and specific majors available at Auburn University
- Utilize a variety of resources to explore and gather information needed to make an informed decision
- Evaluate career options based on professional interests, personality, skills, and values
Parents Learn About:
- How your student's brain is developing as they prepare for and enter college, and the impact this developmental stage has on their decision making
- Academics at Auburn – policies, majors/minors, resources
- Resources and tools that will help your student make informed and practical decisions about their future career
- University Career Center and resources available to your student
- Supporting your student’s career development as they are choosing a major and career
Register for Student Session:
$100 per student
includes career assessments, online modules via Canvas, and in-person session of your choice
Register for Parent Session:
$25 per parent/guardian of attending students
Price includes online modules and in-person session
Last modified: May 18, 2021